- Madeleine Royère-Koonings
In July 2019, we published the following articles:
- The 4th European Pizza and Pasta Show will take place in London on 13-15 November
- SSICA is collaborating on 2 projects on valorization of by-products: Agrimax and ECOAT
- US processed tomato stocks-on-hand report for June 1, 2019
- Tomato Welness created an animated short film showing the process the tomatoes go through, from the field to sealed.
- Italian, Californian and Chinese Tomato Paste Prices, as of 30 June 2019
- A French Research Team investigated lycopene and found that lycopene fights the inflammatory process that causes diabetes
- Pomodoro Nord IO joined forces with institutional partners to fight against red spider mites
- Presentation on the CRISPR-Cas9 method by Mathilde Causse during the Tomato News Conference (Part 1 & 2)
- US tomato products inventories as of 1 June 2019
- Highlights of the presentation on Argentina's potential for the processing tomato industry, which was held during the Tomato News Conference.
- In Spain, several thunderstorms and hail hit the province of Navarra.
- A few product launches in June: premium range ready-to-use sauces from Petti, new tomato puree and pulp from Almaverde Bio and a new Hunt's Best Ever Ketchup.
- The EU and Mercosur reached a political agreement as of 1 July.
- CTRI publishes its 2018 annual research report
- California Crop Situation as of 6 July, projection to 13 July
- Weather Situation in EU, Africa, China and California since March 2019
- AMITOM Crop Situation as of 17 July 2019
- The WPTC global forecast was reduced to 37 million tonnes as California and Italy reduced their forecast.
- UCANR produced a series of educational videos on current production techniques and systems, including Processing Tomato Production and Organic Processing Tomato Production
- CTGA agreed a price with some California processors for the 2019 season
- A new study was published by UC Davis on the environmental impacts of California Tomato Cultivation and Processing
- The California Tomato Research Institute (CTRI) put together a pamphlet to the industry on the Tomato Brown Rugose Fruit Virus (ToBRFV)
- Dr Cassandra Swett developed a useful handout for diagnosing wilt and crown rot diseases of tomato in the field
- California Crop Situation as of 20 July, projection to 27 July
- California Crop Situation as of 27 July, projection to 3 August
- A new publication by UC Davis describes efficient management of Nitrogen fertility and Irrigation in California processing tomato production
You can find the individual articles in the NEWS list and/or search by keyword, date etc.