Respect for your privacy is our priority

The cookie is a small information file stored in your browser each time you visit our web page.

Cookies are useful because they record the history of your activity on our web page. Thus, when you return to the page, it identifies you and configures its content based on your browsing habits, your identity and your preferences.

You may accept cookies or refuse, block or delete cookies, at your convenience. To do this, you can choose from one of the options available on this window or even and if necessary, by configuring your browser.

If you refuse cookies, we can not guarantee the proper functioning of the various features of our web page.

For more information, please read the COOKIES INFORMATION section on our web page.


Global Exports of Tomato Paste, Updated September 21, 2022

21/09/2022 - François-Xavier Branthôme - Architecture of Trade
Monitoring of monthly exports of tomato paste (HS code 200290) over past two years, comparison with the previous three marketing years

The results of the previous months showed a very high level of activity for the month of March 2022, which recorded the second highest monthly activity in the history of global trade of tomato products. Finally, a very high level of annual activity was established in the July 2021/June 2022 marketing year, with final results extremely close to 3.460 million metric tonnes of tomato paste traded globally; this is one of the highest level in the history of our industry, behind that reached in February 2021, and it is significantly higher than those of the three years preceding the Covid pandemic.

With a total quantity slightly higher than 3.239 million metric tonnes (mT) of tomato paste exported over the period July 2021 - June 2022, TOP10 exports of tomato paste were lower (-3.1%, about 103,000 mT) than in the previous twelve months (July 2020 – June 2021) period.
The twelve-month activity level of TOP10 exporting countries thus was also 44,900 mT higher (1.4%) compared to the same period of the three previous years.
The data available for global exports (3.45 million mT) over the full marketing year (July 2021 – June 2022) show that despite a slight slowdown, global trade activity for the time being maintains higher levels (close to 5%) than in the three years preceding the Covid pandemic.
The ten countries presented accounted for 94.5% of the sector’s total exports on average over the last five years, with the remaining 5.5% distributed over approximately 80 countries.

For each of the ten countries (China, Italy, Spain, USA, Portugal, Chile, Turkey, Ukraine, Greece, and Iran) that play a significant role in international trade, Tomato News presents a comparison of the monthly performances for exports of tomato paste over past two years. For greater clarity, the histograms present (blue dotted lines) the curve of the average activity of the same months of the three previous marketing years. 

This situation makes it possible to follow the evolution of national export dynamics and to compare recent performances with those of equivalent periods of the previous year. These elements of international trade also give a better understanding of the quantities on which the average values presented in our articles on tomato paste prices were constructed.

Global trade of tomato products will be the subject of a complete dossier, to be published in the TomatoNews Yearbook 2021/2022, which will be distributed free of charge to the attendees of the TomatoNews’ Conference organized in Parma as part of the CibusTec Forum on October 25 and 26.

Sources: Trade Data Monitor LLC, professional sources,
Related events

Cibus Tec Forum

25/10/2022 to 26/10/2022
In 2022, Cibus Tec will be showcasing its expertise and business-generating capacities, offering various sectors of the food industry an...
See details

The 2022 Tomato News Conference

26/10/2022 to 26/10/2022
After two years online, the Tomato News Conference came back in person during CibusTec Forum in Parma on Wednesday 26 October 2022 in...
See details
Related companies

Trade Data Monitor

Services (Training, Consultancy, Transport, etc.…) See details
Related articles

Paste prices, September 2022: USA, Spain, Portugal, Italy, China, Chile

14/09/2022 See details

Global Imports of Tomato Products, Updated September, 2022

07/09/2022 See details

Global Exports of Tomato Paste, Updated August 24, 2022

24/08/2022 See details

Consumption: 2021 in the wake of 2020

25/03/2022 See details

World tomato paste trade in 2020/2021

15/02/2022 See details

Architecture of world trade in 2020/2021 (part 2)

04/01/2022 See details

Global Exports of Tomato Paste, Updated September 15, 2021

16/09/2021 See details





Supporting partners
Featured company
Most popular news
Featured event
Our supporting partners
Pharmacie en ligne Pharmacie Centrale Meudon la Forêt avec les meilleurs prix en France.