Respect for your privacy is our priority

The cookie is a small information file stored in your browser each time you visit our web page.

Cookies are useful because they record the history of your activity on our web page. Thus, when you return to the page, it identifies you and configures its content based on your browsing habits, your identity and your preferences.

You may accept cookies or refuse, block or delete cookies, at your convenience. To do this, you can choose from one of the options available on this window or even and if necessary, by configuring your browser.

If you refuse cookies, we can not guarantee the proper functioning of the various features of our web page.

For more information, please read the COOKIES INFORMATION section on our web page.


News

La Doria reaches 20.6% growth in revenue in 2023

09/05/2024 - Madeleine Royère-Koonings
In 2023, the company's revenue reached €1.228 billion. Growth was driven by Linea Rossa (+34%), canned legumes, vegetables, and pasta (+27.5%), and sauces (+26.2%). This year, investments will exceed €30 million.

The Board of Directors of La Doria Spa approved the 2023 consolidated accounts, marked by a 20.6% increase in revenue compared to the previous year. Despite significant international uncertainties and a macroeconomic scenario characterized by strong inflationary pressures, the group's management results show a significant improvement over 2022: 2023 revenue amounts to €1.228 billion, compared to €1.018 billion the previous year.
This achievement is the result not only of price increases but also of an increase in volumes sold and significant investments made by La Doria over the past five years: approximately €142 million between 2019 and 2023, including €60 million for production and logistics capacity expansion, over €20 million for environmental sustainability and energy efficiency interventions, and around €10 million for digital transformation. For 2024, La Doria plans additional investments of over €30 million in the same areas.


"La Doria's growth is the result of both our Group's flexibility in facing challenges and seizing opportunities, and our ability to adapt to changing market conditions. We have maintained our focus on business development and expansion in our core markets; at the same time, we have continued to concentrate on optimizing supplies and production processes, thanks to major new investments" says group CEO Antonio Ferraioli.

 
PRODUCTS
Regarding revenue composition by product type, the "Linea Rossa" saw an overall increase of +34%, while the "Canned Legumes, Vegetables, and Pasta Line" also recorded a significant improvement (+27.5%), and the "Sauces Line" registered a +26.2%. Finally, the "Fruits Line" shows a +0.9%, while the "Trading Lines" - including products imported by the subsidiary Ldh (La Doria) Ltd from third parties and marketed in the English market (such as dried pasta, tuna, salmon, canned corn, and others) - marked an increase of +10.6%.

BRAND NAMES
Regarding revenue distribution by brands, during the 2023 fiscal year, the weight of private labels reached 95.6%, while the remaining 4.4% was generated by corporate brands and industrial co-packing: a figure that confirms how central private labels are to the group's activity.

REVENUE BY REGION
Revenue distribution by geographical area shows an Italian market share of 15.5%, while exports represent 84.5%. La Doria exports to 60 countries: the main foreign market remains the United Kingdom, followed by Germany, Scandinavian countries, Australia, New Zealand, and Eastern European countries. Exports increased by +22.6% thanks to satisfactory volume growth, while the domestic market, second in size after the UK, saw a revenue growth of +11%.

FUTURE GOALS
"As far as the next steps are concerned, the drivers of our growth strategy will remain the increasing demand for made-in-Italy food products abroad and the steady development of private labels. We look to the future with confidence, aware of the challenges but convinced that we can meet them successfully; also thanks to the consolidated relationships with our customers, and aware that we can generate sustainable value for all stakeholders" concludes Ferraioli.
Related companies

LA DORIA SpA

Tomato processor See details

LDH (La Doria) Ltd

Tomato processor See details
Back

________________________________________

Editor : TOMATO NEWS SAS -  MAISON DE L'AGRICULTURE - TSA 48449 - 84912 AVIGNON Cedex 9 - FRANCE
contact@tomatonews.com
www.tomatonews.com

 

 

Supporting partners
Featured company
P&J for juice & paste
Most popular news
Featured event
15th World Processing Tomato Congress and 17th ISHS Symposium on Processing Tomato
Our supporting partners
Library Z-Library