- Madeleine Royère-Koonings
In July 2021, we published the following articles:
- Global Imports of Tomato Products, updated 1 July 2021.
- The price of carbon emission allowances has soared almost 140% since January 2021, past Euro 58/T.
- Steve Smith, senior director of agriculture at Indiana based Red Gold, who passed away in February 2021, leaves an amazing legacy with the creation of the Steven E. Smith Memorial Scholarship.
- In Spain, harvest was due to start beginning of July in the Seville province, crop results will be highly dependent on water availability throughout the summer, and this is very uncertain at this stage.
- WPTC Crop Update as of 2 July 2021.
- US exports of tomato paste have increased by 6% in the past few months.
- A review of the global dimension of the Tomato Yellow Leaf Curl Disease (TYLCD) has been recently published.
- The Agrimax project will open two new pilot plants in Spain and Italy, aiming to address Europe's food waste problem.
- California: Crop situation as of 3 July.
- Tomato News Conference, June 8, Mark de La Mater on Processing Tomato Productions and Markets in North America.
- California: Crop situation as of 10 July.
- Paste Prices, July 2021: USA, Spain, Portugal, Italy, China, Chile.
- A recent study on the tomato moth Tuta absoluta identified a few species showing a high pest reduction capacity, which will then be tested under commercial crop production situations.
- Global Exports of Tomato Paste, updated 19 July 2021.
- California: Crop situation as of 17 July.
- In the UK, food price inflation is going through the roof, mainly due to Covid and Brexit, but not only.
- In July, the EU regulations have become stricter for mandatory import checks for Tomato Brown Rugose Fruit Virus (ToBRFV).
- Tomato News Conference, June 8, Maria Chiara Cavallo on First Results of Northern Italy Interbranch Organization's Survey on Agricultural Production Costs.
- WPTC Crop Update as of 23 July 2021.
- California: Crop situation as of 24 July.
- Bisphenol B, used in some countries as a substitute for Bisphenol A, has now been classified as a Substance of Very High Concern (SVHC) under the European REACH.
- Canada-made Heinz ketchup is back, in the new ketchup line at the Mont Royal facility.
- Dossier on the processing tomato industry in Iran, Part 1.
You can find the individual articles in the NEWS list and/or search by keyword, date etc.