- Madeleine Royère-Koonings
In August 2019, we published the following articles:
- The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) published its 2017 findings on pesticide residue in food products.
- WPTC Crop update as of 2 August 2019
- In California, the CTGA announced it agreed to a price of USD 75 per short ton with several processors.
- California Crop situation as of 3 August, projection to 10 August
- The Solania platform, resulting from a JV between EC2CE and Tepro Consultores, was presented during the Tomato News Conference, as a new tool for crop management based on a predictive system.
- A Japanese study points to tomato juice as a practical nutritional intervention to prevent CVDs in people at risk.
- Kraft Heinz stock dropped to its lowest price, following announcements from the company on August 8.
- Italian, Californian and Chinese Tomato Paste Prices, as of 31 July 2019
- California Crop situation as of 10 August, projection to 17 August
- The processing season started one week late in Ukraine, due to unfavorable weather conditions.
- In California, production results for 2018 by county
- The US exports (mainly pastes and sauces) have decreased again in the 2018/2019 season (part 1 and 2)
- California Crop situation as of 17 August, projection to 24 August
- WPTC Crop update as of 16 August 2019
- While in Europe, a new study should be carried out to evaluate the carcinogenic risks of glyphosate, in the USA, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) found that glyphosate is not a carcinogen.
- In Argentina, the Arcor group announced that the plant in Rio Negro would close.
- Seed-X and TomaTech are launching a new pilot of GeNee Breeder, with an aim to accelerate time to market.
- California Crop situation as of 24 August, projection to 31 August
- In California, the processing tomato harvest took a hit from the stormy weather in May.
- Update on the 2019 season as of 16 August (infographic summary)
You can find the individual articles in the NEWS list and/or search by keyword, date etc.