- Madeleine Royère-Koonings
In December 2020, we published the following articles:
- Trade statistics for the 2019/2020 year in Canada show an improvement in meeting the domestic demand.
- The Indiana based tomato processor Red Gold Inc. has seen a huge increase in demand, due to the pandemic but also to changes in consumer behavior.
- The French groups Terres du Sud and Mireolian have entered a partnership. As a result, Les Jus de Marmande has now become Les Jus du Soleil.
- Tunisia ranked 10th in the world in terms of processing tomato production in 2020.
- The Code of Ethics for Social and Environmental Sustainability has been approved during the Assembly of the IO Pomodoro, and an Ethics Committee has been created.
- Francesco Mutti's presentation during the 2020 Tomato News Online Conference.
- The 8th edition of the "Filo Rosso del Pomodoro" has taken place online. Topics included the importance of data, the new challenges of the industry, the increase in consumption.
- California is facing the spreading of a very challenging resistance-breaking tomato spotted wilt virus.
- The Canadian company ATS Automation Tooling Systems Inc. intends to acquire CFT S.p.A.
- Overview of the different Information to Consumers policies: Nutri-Score introduced in Germany, rejected in Italy with an alternate proposal, Nutrinform and synthesis from Tomato Europe.
- Kraft Heinz will produce ketchup in Canada, using American-grown tomatoes for the time being and later Canadian-grown tomatoes.
- The Giglio Group SpA signed an agreement with the Mutti Group in order to implement Mutti's marketing strategy, promotion and distribution on the main marketplaces in China.
- Dossier on India: the sleeping tiger? – Part 1: agricultural situation and structure of the industry.
- João Tavares Correia's presentation during the 2020 Tomato News Online Conference.
- Paste Prices: USA, Spain, Portugal, Italy, China, Chile.
- Syngenta Vegetable Seeds announced the launch of its first ToBRFV resistant variety at the beginning of 2021.
- A research programme organized by The Tomato Foundation and carried out at SSICA delivers 4 EFSA claims for tomato products. A fifth claim is being worked on.
- The 10th edition of the Brazilian Processing Tomato Congress was held online in November, summary of the most important points regarding the production of processing tomatoes.
- Dossier on India: the sleeping tiger? – Part 2: market and potential for development.
- Global Trade of Tomato Paste, updated 16 December 2020.
- In Italy and particularly in Southern Italy, the industry has faced many obstacles this year, leading to difficult trade dynamics, especially for private label products.
- Brazil saw a decline in quantities processed as well as a slowdown in the country's consumption.
- François-Xavier Branthôme's presentation during the 2020 Tomato News Online Conference.
You can find the individual articles in the NEWS list and/or search by keyword, date etc.