- Press release
HM. Clause USA is looking for a Product Manager: Determinate Tomato based in Davis (California)
Sales & Marketing - Marketing
Regular Full Time
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: Responsible for the development and execution of a global strategy in your product portfolio based upon market dynamics and trends in the coming 5-10 years; whilst managing and developing the most competitive and profitable portfolio of products.
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY: The Product Manager is responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision and positioning, and working closely with research and development, sales, and support functions to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product Manager's job also includes ensuring that the product supports the company's overall strategy and goals.
Essentials duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Determine breeding objectives and product specifications at mid and long-term level based on a strong understanding of market dynamics and competitive environment
• Develop and implement product trial plans with breeders and regional product development teams based upon market knowledge and objectives. Assess trial results to determine product performance and life cycle.
• Manage new product introductions in accordance with the strengths and weaknesses of existing product range, market potential, and competition pressure.
• Collaborate and manage new products, new product concepts, and product development with the Breeder, Product Development and Sales.
• Manage and own the portfolio range to ensure the long-term profitability for the company by leveraging global pipeline assessment for target markets
• Provide sales with technical data in order to support optimal product performance and product sales. Actively participate in the implementation of the marketing activities for the crop in relevant markets.
• Manage the seed quantity needs for varieties under development, through collaborative efforts with Sales Managers in preparation for commercial launch.
• Work with inventory management teams to effectively and efficiently manage seed availability for varieties at the development stage and collaborate on production decisions
• Optimize turnover and margin of managed products through supply chain expectations, sales potential evaluation and product pricing guidance.
• Maintain and improve product quality consistency via collaborative efforts between Production, Quality Control, Operations, Inventory Management and Seed Technology.
• Manage new seed product form development and introduction in collaboration with Seed Technology, Research, and Sales
• Work with local internal and external product development resources in target markets to build knowledge of market specificities and product requirements to drive HM Clause local approach
Education & work experience required:
• Bachelor's degree in Agronomy, Agricultural Engineering/Science, Business, Marketing, or related field required.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in marketing-product management and development. Background in agriculture and/or experience in agriculture (desired).
• Knowledge of global tomato processing market ideal
• Languages: English Essential. Spanish Plus. Other languages welcomed
America/Carribean, USA, California
260 Cousteau Place, Davis, CA 95618
Minimum level of education required: Bachelor's degree
Minimum level of experience required: 5 years or more
Languages: English (4 - Fluent)
For more info, email email@example.com
To apply, go to: