200 000 to 500 000 tonnes
Via Nazionale 320
39 081 5166366-081 5166111
39 081 513 58 80
Contact email : Click to see email address
La Doria S.p.A.
– headquartered at Angri (Salerno), listed on the Italian Stock Exchange - is an Italian leading Group in the canned food sector -
and particularly in the production of tomato-based products, pasta sauce, canned vegetables, fruit juices and beverages.
In 2017, La Doria recorded a consolidated turnover of Euro 669.1 million
with a workforce made of 740 permanent staff and 367 seasonal employees.
La Doria was first listed on the ordinary MTA segment of the Italian Stock Exchange in 1995, and subsequently listed on the Star segment
, which requires compliance with specific transparency and corporate governance regulations.
Today, La Doria is the leading Italian producer of canned vegetables, the first largest producer of pasta sauces under private labels and the second largest producer of fruit juices and beverages
(the first in the private labels segment) and of tomato-based products (peeled and chopped tomatoes).
The Company can also boast leading positions on some demanding foreign markets such as the UK, Australia and Japan. It ranks first on the English market of tomato-based products and baked beans under private labels.
La Doria is a major supplier to large supermarket chains both in Italy and abroad, and is specialised in the “private labels” sector - the supermarket’s brands.
Approximately 93% of La Doria’s sales are generated via this channel, with clients such as Conad, Carrefour, Auchan, Selex and others
in Italy and Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Woolworths, Whole Foods, Sam’s Club, Morrison, Waitrose, Asda, Lidl and Ica abroad.
In addition to private labels, the Group also produces under the La Doria brand
, which has been on the market for about 60 years, Vivi G/Vi G bio
(for fruit juices), La Romanella
(for value products), Althea
, Bella Parma
(for pasta sauces) and other major Italian and international leading brands (copacking).
In a highly competitive market, La Doria’s strengths
can be summarised as follows:
- high quality products, guaranteed by quality controls of raw materials and by constant improvement to production processes;
- high industrial efficiency allowing cost leadership thanks high technology of process, optimal utilization of the production capacity and vertical integration;
- large volumes in order to satisfy Large Distribution Chains’ needs in terms of quantity;
- wide range of products;
- segmentation of the private label offer to compete in different segments: value, own brand, premium;
- innovation of products, size and packaging, indispensable in a mature market like the canned food market. The continuous introduction of higher value added and service products allow to meet market demands and to improve both trade and final customer loyalty;
- high level of flexibility through customised recipes, packaging and service;
- specialised know-how in an important growing market such as the Private Labels in which La Doria has established consolidated partnerships with the major distributors.